Re: replication for hot-standby?

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: replication for hot-standby?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, it does in /some way/, but it's quite hackish and error prone.. :/

> If there is anything broken about the script, or about how it executes on a particular node, this will cause the slon
daemonfor that node to panic and crash. If you restart the node, it will, more likely than not, try to repeat the DDL
script,which will, almost certainly, fail the second time just as it did the first time.

> Unfortunately, this nonetheless implies that the use of the DDL facility is somewhat fragile and fairly dangerous.

> If your applications do not have fairly stable SQL schemas, then using Slony-I for replication is likely to be
fraughtwith trouble and frustration.

Sorry, this really doesn't sound like something I'd like to use in a
production environment..

От: Dante Almonte
Сообщение: Why file pgsql does not grow???
От: "sandhya"
Сообщение: Fw: reg libpqxx for windows