Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>I wrote:
>

>>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>

>>>I would be tempted to have one flag called, say, --build-env which has
>>>all the interesting settings from the build environment in one hit.
>>>

>>The one-flag way would be human readable but not program friendly.
>>

>OTOH there's nothing saying we can't do both.
>
>Actually, I now remember having also wished for a "pg_config --all"
>switch that would dump out everything the program knows.  The existing
>UI makes you ask pretty-please for each tidbit, and that gets old fast.
>Would --all serve what you had in mind, or do you specifically want
>--build-env?

--all would be fine. In fact, why not make it the default?  This has
always struck me as a bit lame:

[andrew@alphonso inst]$ bin/pg_config
pg_config: argument required

Try "pg_config --help" for more information
[andrew@alphonso inst]$

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method
Сообщение: Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method