Re: Access FE - This operation is not supported within

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Access FE - This operation is not supported within
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sim Zacks wrote:
> I am using an Access front end to a PG 8.0 backend using linked tables.
> When I use referential integrity it gives me the error:
> This operation is not supported within transactions
> This error occurs when referential integrity is used for both Cascade and restrict Delete. It actually does the
cascadedelete and it happens when there are no child records when it is restrict.
> When I remove the constraint, then the delete works with no errors.

I'm guessing Access (or perhaps the ODBC driver itself) is issuing a SET
command or similar that isn't valid in that context.

Make sure error logging is on in your postgresql.conf and see what the
server-logs show is causing it.

Oddly, in the source I have to hand (8.0), I don't see the "operation is
not supported within transactions" error message in the source. This
means it could be the ODBC driver or Access itself giving the error.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd