Re: Buildfarm issues on specific machines

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Buildfarm issues on specific machines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>

>>>I believe that if we do something like
>>>
>>>TEMP_PORT = 5$(default_port)
>>>
>>>check:
>>>pg_regress ... --temp_port=$(TEMP_PORT)
>>>
>>>then the port could be overridden without any source code hacks by
>>>"gmake TEMP_PORT=nnn check".
>>>

>>Works for me. Let's do it. If I understand this right it would not need
>>any changes on the buildfarm side.
>>

>Done as far back as 7.4, so that this should actually work as long as
>you don't try to parallel-test 7.3 and 7.2.

Excellent. Thankyou.

>The buildfarm config stuff should recommend choosing 4-digit port
>numbers, because the patch I put in will fall back to 65432 if the
>configuration port is 5 digits.

We alread had this in the distributed sample config:
    branch_ports =>    {        REL8_0_STABLE => 5682,        REL7_4_STABLE => 5681,        REL7_3_STABLE => 5680,
 REL7_2_STABLE => 5679,        HEAD          => 5678,    }

I have added your recommendation to the comments.

cheers

andrew