Re: Buildfarm issues on specific machines

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Buildfarm issues on specific machines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I believe that if we do something like
>>
>> TEMP_PORT = 5$(default_port)
>>
>> check:
>> pg_regress ... --temp_port=$(TEMP_PORT)
>>
>> then the port could be overridden without any source code hacks by
>> "gmake TEMP_PORT=nnn check".

> Works for me. Let's do it. If I understand this right it would not need
> any changes on the buildfarm side.

Done as far back as 7.4, so that this should actually work as long as
you don't try to parallel-test 7.3 and 7.2.

The buildfarm config stuff should recommend choosing 4-digit port
numbers, because the patch I put in will fall back to 65432 if the
configuration port is 5 digits.