Re: Return SETOF or array from pl/python

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Return SETOF or array from pl/python
Дата
Re: Return SETOF or array from pl/python  (Peter Fein <pfein@pobox.com>)
Список pgsql-general

>>I am not an everyday python programmer but I am pretty sure that you are
>>trying to return a list in arf(). You can't return a list you have to
>>return the array type which is why arf2 works.
>

> Ok.  How does one convert a python list to a PGSql array then?  Is there
> a better way to do it than what I did in arf2?

I don't think you can with plPython at least not without reformatting
the list within the function itself.

>>The reasons srf works is because you are just returning text in general
>>regardless that it is formatting to a list.
>

> How does one return a set then?  I want as my output:

You would actually have to have a set. What I believe you are trying to
do is transform a list to a result set. I don't think you can do that
without some additional programming within the function.

Somebody may know of a better way but what I would think would happen is
this:

Break up list, insert each value of list into a temp table as a row,
return set of temp table.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake