Re: Quotation marks in queries

От Peter Fein
Тема Re: Quotation marks in queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tony Caduto wrote:
> The easiest solution is just not to use caps or spaces in your
> table/object names, there is no advantage to doing so.
> People just need to get over the fact that having caps in a name make it
> easier to read.

Not to pick nits, but I disagree. Capitalization (CamelCase in
particular) can make it easier to determine at a glance what type of
object a name refers to.  While this can be determined from syntax, it's
nice not to have to think about it. ;)

> It is much more of a pain to qoute your sql than it is to have it look
> nice.

Certainly. Things don't look very nice with quotes all over the place.

--
Peter Fein                 pfein@pobox.com                 773-575-0694

Basically, if you're not a utopianist, you're a schmuck. -J. Feldman