Re: PostgreSQL Hosting

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Hosting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> Is there any difference between a catalog and a cluster? As in, are  you
> saying a separate postmaster per user, as Tom Lane suggested in  the
> post I referenced earlier in this thread?

No difference. Yes as Tom Lane suggested. It also helps with migration.
If a customer moves servers (or upgrades to dedicated etc..) you just
stop the database, move it (as long as it is the same arch) and start it
back up :)

> Off-hand, do you (or anyone else) see any showstoppers with the
> implementation I laid out involving a bit of mucking with system
> catalogs and the schema search path?

I honestly didn't read through the whole thing. It looked like a whole
bunch of administrative trouble to me ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake