Re: Why UPDATE gl SET gl.glnum = gl.glnum; cause error when UPDATE gl

От David Gagnon
Тема Re: Why UPDATE gl SET gl.glnum = gl.glnum; cause error when UPDATE gl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a construct where column has the same name .. and when I use the FROM clause  I get the following error:

create table test (
    id varchar(8)
);

create table test2 (
    id varchar(8)
);

update test set id=test2.id from test2 where id=test2.id;

ERROR:  column reference "id" is ambiguous

/David
P.S.: It's just an example .. I rename the column in the real statement to make it works.