Re: restore database from bare files

От jehan procaccia
Тема Re: restore database from bare files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ben Kim wrote:

>>ezpublish_db-# ALTER USER  ezpublish SET PASSWORD secret;
>>ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$" at character 1
>>

>I wonder why you have "ezpublish_db-#" instead of "ezpublish_db=#"? I just
>noticed it, and to me it happens usually when something's been carried
>over from the previous line. My 2 pence...

indeed I typed a comment before without ending it with ";" that might
explain the "syntax error" !
for my pb, I have part of an explanation -> I forgot to recreate the
user ! so here I go again in one command to create user and set password:
$ createuser ezpublish -P
Enter password for new user: *******
Enter it again: *******
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
CREATE USER
then:
$ psql ezpublish_db -U ezpublish -W
Password: *******
psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "ezpublish"
I really don't understand :-(
If I go with postgres user, no pb:
$ psql ezpublish_db -U postgres

if it can help to debug, here's my users list:
ezpublish_db=# select * from pg_user;
 usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd |  passwd  |
valuntil | useconfig

postgres  |        1 | t           | t        | t         | ******** |  |
ezpublish |      100 | t           | f        | f         | ******** |  |
(2 rows)

If you have an idea , I'll really apreciate

Thanks !.

От: manikeshwari prasad bohidar
Сообщение: Query on pg_dump
От: "Joel Fradkin"
Сообщение: encoding converting from ascii to unicode