Re: How two perform TPC-H test on postgresql-8.0.2

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: How two perform TPC-H test on postgresql-8.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

innodb wrote:

>    Currently I want to take a TPC-H test on postgresql-8.0.2. I have downloaded the DBGEN and QGEN from the homepage
ofTPC. But I encountered many problems which forced me to request some help.

>    1. How to load the data from flat file generated by dbgen tool? To the best of my knowledge, there is a SQL Loader
inOracle

>    2. How to simulate the currency environment? Where can I download a client which connects to DB server through
ODBC?

To be brutally frank, if you have to ask these questions you should not
be running TPC-H benchmarks, IMNSHO. You results are very unlikely to be
fair to you or to PostgreSQL.

TPC-H requires mild modification (took me about 15 minutes) to produce
postgres-ready output, which can be loaded via the COPY command, which
is designed for bulk loading data.

cheers

andrew

От: "John Hansen"
Сообщение: Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?
От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: GiST concurrency commited