Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL
Дата
Re: Proposal - Continue stmt for PL/pgSQL  (Pavel Stehule <stehule@kix.fsv.cvut.cz>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:

>What do you think about it? It's broke PL/SQL compatibility, I know, but
>via last discussion I have opinion so Oracle compatibility isn't main
>objective PL/pgSQL. There is some less/bigger diferencess: SQLSTATE,
>EXCEPTION from my last proposal, atd.

Well, yes, but I don't think we should break compatibility
arbitrarilly.  I guess it could be argued that this is a missing feature
in PL/SQL and its Ada parent -  implementing GOTO just to handle this
case seems  unnecessary.

I agree with Tom that it should only be allowed inside a loop.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend