Re: Autovacuum in the backend

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> um, can we have these as separate GUCs and not lumped together as a
>> string?  i.e.:
>> autovacuum_frequency = 60  #seconds, 0 = disable
>> autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 200
>> autovacuum_vacuum_multiple = 0.5
>> autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 100
>> autovacuum_analyze_multiple = 0.4
>>
>> AV should be disabled by default.  It should also automatically use
>> the global vacuum_delay settings.
>
> Agreed, disabled by default (at least for 8.1, perhaps a topic of
> conversation for 8.2+), yes it should obey the global vacuum_delay
> settings, and yes it should have it's own GUC's as you suggested (all of
> this was the case with the patch that I submitted for 8.0, which Alvarro
> is now working on).

I think it should be on by default :)

Let's not ship software in a default configuration that we KNOW will go
to hell.

How about we aim to make that if someone doesn't modify their
postgresql.conf, they will have no problems.  Wasn't that the aim of
defaulting shared_buffers to 1000 if we can?

Chris

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend