Re: Autovacuum in the backend

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I am going to start working on it.  I am concerned it is a big job.
>
>I will post questions as I find them, and the one below is a good one.

It is a big question, at least it's the main stumbling block I had, and
it's the one that kept my work from being integrated into 8.0 (which
side stepped the issue by using libpq to connect to the server to fire
off commands).

>Qingqing Zhou wrote:
>

>>I just realized that the non-standard backend can't execute any SQL command.
>>If so, how would the background pg_autovacuum do "vacuum"? It could be
>>forked more like a standard backend, but this is obviously not a good idea,
>>since we don't know which database this process will sit on.
>>
>>A possible solution is that backgroud pg_autovacuum could fork another
>>process to connect to postmaster as an ordinary backend each time it feels
>>that a "vacuum" is needed.

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend