Re: BUG #1707: statistics collector starts with stats_start_collector

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: BUG #1707: statistics collector starts with stats_start_collector
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>If we don't have a way to check this, we'll regret it soon enough...
>>now maybe a GUC setting isn't the optimal way, but I think we need
>>*some* way besides ps.  ps doesn't work remotely and I think there's
>>no simple equivalent under Windows either.
>

> Sure, but the GUC only reports that it thinks the stats collector
> started, not whether it is running or not.  I think 'ps' is a fine way
> to tell.

Um, no such beast under win32. You can only see some postgres processes,
but can't distinguish them. We'd need some functions that examine the
pids known to the postmaster (pg_get_collector_pid, pg_get_logger_pid, ...)

Regards,
Andreas