Re: Starting PostgreSQL on WinXP is not working

От Bruno G. Albuquerque
Тема Re: Starting PostgreSQL on WinXP is not working
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Your Winsock stack is corrupted. You can try to sort it out by using a
program called "winsockxpfix".

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

-Bruno

Rodrigo Katsumoto Sakai wrote:
>   Hi, i'm working with PostgreSQL for a long time (about three years), but always on Linux box. But recently, I had
tointall PostgreSQL on a WinXP machine!
>   The installation works fine, although the starting service did not works in the finalization of the installation!
Theinstallation was done in a WinXP SP1 as a service!
>   My problem is that I installed with admin rights, but created the user postgres for the system and user postgres
forthe database. The user postgres for the system is supposed to be used to start the service, but i think it is not
happening,the system tries to start the service with the user that login in the system (the admin). If I trie to start
theservice with a user without admin privileges it gives me this error:

> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 NOTICE:  Unknown win32 socket error code: 10106
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 LOG:  could not create IPv4 socket: Invalid argument
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
> 2005-06-08 15:14:07 FATAL:  no socket created for listening
>
>   I googled a lot and dind't find anything with this kind of error. So, I really need some help!
>   Thanks a lot!!

Informação transmitida destina-se apenas à pessoa a quem foi endereçada e pode conter informação confidencial,
legalmenteprotegida e para conhecimento exclusivo do destinatário. Se o leitor desta advertência não for o seu
destinatário,fica ciente de que sua leitura, divulgação ou cópia é estritamente proibida. Caso a mensagem tenha sido
recebidapor engano, favor comunicar ao remetente e apagar o texto de qualquer computador.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidentialand/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
actionin reliance upon this information, by person or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receivedthis in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Starting PostgreSQL on WinXP is not working
От: "Chris Hoover"
Сообщение: Help with function