Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming

От Phil Endecott
Тема Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming
Дата
Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: CPU-intensive autovacuuming  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> The integrated version
> of autovacuum that didn't make the cut before 8.0 avoids this problem
> since the autovacuum data is stored in the database.

What is the status of this?  Is it something that will be included in
8.1 or 8.0.n?  I might be able to patch the current code but that
doesn't seem like a useful thing to do if a better solution will arrive
eventually.  I am currently running vacuums from a cron job and I think
I will be happy with that for the time being.

(Incidentally, I have also found that the indexes on my pg_attributes
table were taking up over half a gigabyte, which came down to less than
40 megs after reindexing them.  Is there a case for having autovacuum
also call reindex?)

--Phil.