Re: unsupported frontend protocol

От Bucks vs Bytes Inc
Тема Re: unsupported frontend protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Connection logging shows an unvarying pattern: every connection
attempt, regardless of target database or source (PHP or psql), first
uses a wrong protocol and then succeeds on a second attempt, presumably
after falling back:

LOG:  connection received: host=[local]
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
LOG:  connection received: host=[local]
LOG:  connection authorized: user=testuser database=test

Any thoughts on what could make both clients attempt wrong protocol?

/usr/lib has the following libpq files:
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       592784 Jun
24 2004 /usr/lib/libpq.a
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root
root          12 Jul  8  2004
/usr/lib/libpq.so -> libpq.so.3.1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root
root          12 Nov 28  2003
/usr/lib/libpq.so.2 -> libpq.so.2.2
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        61252
Nov 4  2003
/usr/lib/libpq.so.2.2
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root
root          12 Jul  8  2004
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3 -> libpq.so.3.1
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       112040 Jun
24 2004
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3.1

Tom Lane wrote:

  Bucks vs Bytes Inc <postgresql@bucksvsbytes.com> writes:

    Is there any postmaster logging I can turn on that will detail what's
triggering the error?

Well, you could change the error report in postmaster.c to show the
specific protocol version code it's receiving (7.4 and up do this,
but it hadn't occurred to us as of 7.3).  I have little doubt what
you will find though.  Maybe what you really want is to enable
log_connections so you can find out where the problematic connections
are coming from.