Re: bulk loading of bplus index tree

От Russell Smith
Тема Re: bulk loading of bplus index tree
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 May 2005 06:06 pm, Surabhi Ahuja wrote:

> I have heard about "bulk loading algorithm" for indexes..
> for eg. if u have values like 1, 2,3,4,5, etc...till a very large number.
> in case of simple mechanism of indexing, the values will be inserted one by one for eg..1 then 2 and so on
> however in bulk loading ..the mechanism of building the index (bplus)tree is quite diffreent and very fast ezpecially
ifu consider a very large number of values.

> My question is : is this algorith implemented by postgreSQL. If yes please tell in what cases can i make use of it.

Bulk loading for B+Tree's in implemented in PostgreSQL.  It is used on index creation, or reindex.

I don't believe it's in other places, but Others may have more to say.

Regards

Russell Smith.

От: "Surabhi Ahuja "
Сообщение: bulk loading of bplus index tree
От: Bucks vs Bytes Inc
Сообщение: Re: unsupported frontend protocol