Re: Postgres PHP error

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Postgres PHP error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shaun Clements wrote:
> Thanks. Great idea.
> I assume there is more than one connection per user.
> As judging by the scope of the system, more than one connection is made.
> Would you suggest I increase the size of the connections.
> What kind of performance decrease would I see, even if 100 isnt always used.

It doesn't cost a lot to have many idle connections.

However - I'd still be tempted to see if the PHP application can't be
tweaked to reduce the time it spends with an open connection. It's
probably a case that scripts are opening connections, making one short
query and leaving the connection open unnecessarily after they've
finished with it.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd