Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

От Donald Courtney
Тема Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom

Thanks for the post - I think I am getting this problem for
a synthetic workload at high connection loads.  The whole
system seems to stop.

Can you give some examples on what to try out in the .conf file?

I tried
bgwriter_all_percent =  30, 10, and 3

Which I understand to mean 30%, 10% and 3% of the dirty pages should be
written out *between* checkpoints.

I didn't see any change in effect.

/regards
Don C.