Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Cosimo Streppone, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Matthew T. O'Connor", )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Thomas F. O'Connell", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Steve Poe, )

"Mindaugas Riauba" <> writes:
>   It looks like that not only vacuum causes our problems. vacuum_cost
> seems to lower vacuum impact but we are still noticing slow queries "storm".
> We are logging queries that takes >2000ms to process.
>   And there is quiet periods and then suddenly 30+ slow queries appears in
> log within the same second. What else could cause such behaviour?

Checkpoints?  You should ensure that the checkpoint settings are such
that checkpoints don't happen too often (certainly not oftener than
every five minutes or so), and make sure the bgwriter is configured
to dribble out dirty pages at a reasonable rate, so that the next
checkpoint doesn't have a whole load of stuff to write.