Re: Postgres in government

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Postgres in government
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mark Steckel wrote:
> I have also scrounged the Internet looking for examples of
> Postgres being used in government, preferably  in 24x7 capacities.

I find googling for vendors who are known to use PostgreSQL and
searching for people's resumes is a good way to find descriptions
of Government projects along with contacts for references.
Here's a couple that look interesting.

US Navy, Northrop Grumman

   Use PostgreSQL in the Navy Enterprise Portal and the Fleet
   Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center(FNMOC) Portal:

   http://kennethbowen.com/kbresume.html

   " Develop J2EE application to store user profiles for the Navy
     Enterprise Portal and the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography
     Center(FNMOC) Portal using JBoss application server and
     PostgreSQL database.
   "

DOD, USGS, USDA, Army Corp of Engineers, Navy, through a company called Sanz:

   http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-March/007399.html

   Sanz manages
     "tens of terrabyte datasets of raster and vector
      data for the DOD, USGS, USDA, Army Corp of
      Engineers, Navy, etc."
   using postgresql and postgis