Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> You can even respond to specific messages within the thread instead of
> just a top down (one email after the other).

Well, that seems pretty fundamental...

>> But the point is that the current system works well;
>
> Well does it though? I am not saying it is bad, well yes I am ;). There
> is no central place for me to point one of my developers and say -- Hey,
> look at this patch... weren't we working on something like this? Let's
> help them out.

I'm not saying there is not room for improvement -- my point is that the
fundamental workflow (email submission of patches, discussion and
resolution via mailing list discussion) works well, and I don't see any
need to change it. If there are tools that help us improve this process
(e.g. archiving the resolution of old issues, as you suggest), they are
worth considering. In other words, I'd like a tool that fits the way we
work now, not one that forces us to change our processes to adapt to its
requirements.

Anyway, RT sounds like perhaps it is worth investigating.

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)