Re: Whence the Opterons?

От John A Meinel
Тема Re: Whence the Opterons?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Anjan Dave wrote:
> Wasn't the context switching issue occurring in specific cases only?
>
> I haven't seen any benchmarks for a 50% performance difference. Neither
> have I seen any benchmarks of pure disk IO performance of specific
> models of Dell vs HP or Sun Opterons.
>
> Thanks,
> Anjan

Well, I'm speaking more from what I remember reading, than personal
testing. Probably 50% is too high, but I thought I remembered it being
more general than just specific cases.

I agree, though, that disk bandwidth is probably more important than CPU
issues, though. And the extra 15k might get you a lot of disk performance.

John
=:->

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] "Hash index" vs. "b-tree index" (PostgreSQL