Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>>Just curious here ... but do any of the version control systems provide
>>"per directory user restrictions"?  Where I could give CVS access to
>>Joshua, for instance, just to the plphp directory?
>

> Just how many incidents where people change the wrong files do you except.
> Maybe it's just easier to handle one such case every third year than to
> set up some system to prevent it.

The number of incidents isn't the issue, the fact that it could happen
at all is.

This isn't a web browser. This is a system that companies, very - very
big companies rely on. We must have a controlled, documented process for
comitters.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake