Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe
Дата
Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe  (David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Vlad wrote:
> ok, since there is no gurantee that server-side prepared query is
> still active, pergaps postgresql interface library provide way to
> check if a prepared before query still alive prior runing exec

I'm not sure I quite follow you -- in some future version of the backend
in which prepared queries are invalidated, this would be invisible to
the client. The client wouldn't need to explicitly check for the
"liveness" of the prepared query, they could just execute it -- if
necessary, the backend will re-plan the query before executing it.

-Neil