Re: catalog of postgres

От Lyubomir Petrov
Тема Re: catalog of postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yeah, same here...  Here is a test case where tables and views show up
with the same relkind... :)

$ psql test -c "create table table1(id int); create view view1 as select
* from table1;"
CREATE VIEW
$ psql test -c "select relname, relkind from pg_class where relname in
('table1', 'view1');" | sed -e 's/r$/v/'
 relname | relkind
 table1  | r
 view1   | r
(2 rows)

But I believe this is a feature, not a bug. Look at this, it is
explained here
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/catalog-pg-class.html.

Regards,
Lyubomir Petrov