Tablepartitioning: Will it be supported in Future?

От apoc9009@yahoo.de
Тема Tablepartitioning: Will it be supported in Future?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi PSQL Hackers,

I have done the following Post to PSQL Performance, but Richard Huxton
say it
might be a better Idea to post it again on you List so i forward the
message.

apoc9009@yahoo.de wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ia a Guy from Germany an a strong Postgres believer!
> It is the best OpenSource Database i have ever  have bee tasted and i
> try to using
> it in any Database Environments.
>
> It is exiting to see thadt Verison 8.0 has Tablespaces like ORACLE and
> DB/2,
> but i need Partitioning on a few very large Tables.

I believe these are being worked on at the moment. You might want to
search the archives of the hackers mailing list to see if the plans will
suit your needs.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd