Re: argtype_inherit() is dead code

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: argtype_inherit() is dead code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 06:56:01AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>>From a "people who call me" perspective. I am never asked about
>>inheritance. Most of the people don't even know it is there.
>>The requests I get are:
>

> Just wondering, does anybody asks you about the excessive locking (and
> deadlocking) on foreign keys?

I do get the deadlocking on foreign keys question sometimes but there
are ways to directly help that.

  The business about being able to drop
> users and then find out they were still owners of something?

Well remember that we do a lot of the database work for our customers so
we are prepared for some of this ahead of time... and now that I think
about it that causes my view to be a little skewed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

  I guess I
> worry about things too low-level that nobody really cares too much about.

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting