Re: pg_dump on remote machine

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: pg_dump on remote machine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Check the pg_hba.conf file to see if you have access to the database, as
user that you are trying to connect as, from the IP you are trying to
connect from.
I'll bet that you don't.  Check you postgres error logs, and you should
see the refused connection.  You might have to tweak the logging settings.

Also, the exact error you get would be a bit more helpful.

Askar Zaidi wrote:

>Hello,
>Iam trying to take a dump of my DB from one machine to another in this
>fashion:
>
>on the secondary database:
>
>pg_dump -b -h 172.16.1.20 (dbname) > /tmp/dump.dump
>
>my error is :
>could not connect to database etc...etc..
>
>although the file dump.dump in /tmp is created.(it's empty)
>
>I can access remote database on my secondary through phpPgAdmin.
>
>Any clues??
>
>Askar Zaidi
>Central Computer Facility,
>National Physical Laboratory,
>New Delhi, India

Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump on remote machine
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump on remote machine