Re: Another java connect problem

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Another java connect problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Dave,

Dave Cramer schrieb:

> What is the postgis.jar doing? Does it still implement it's own version
> of the jdbc driver?
> the newinstance thing doesn't matter it will still work that way.
> Try it without the postgis.jar, it may be loading its version of the
> driver.

Where do you have this information from? All PostGIS versions I know
(0.7.x up to current 1.0.0RCX) do not carry any org.postgresql.Driver
class with them.

1.0 versions carry _subclasses_ of org.postgresql.Driver with them.

I have to admit that, _during compilation_, postgis uses their own
copies of org.postgresql.Connection and org.postgresql.PGConnection, but
those are not packed into postgis.jar. This ugly trick is necessary
because the postgresql.jar incompatibly renamed this class between 7.2
and 7.3, and the Debian/GIS people still want to support debian stable
which carries 7.2 with it.

Markus

Вложения