Re: Another java connect problem

От Espen Isaksen
Тема Re: Another java connect problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi!

I just got it working. Well at least past that problem. Now I have a new one. :-)
It was solved by correcting the java command. Apparantly it gives this error
if you put you .class file before the options.

Postgis is a GIS(Geographic information System) extension to Postgresql.
Check out http://www.postgis.org/.

Thanks, Espen(using a new e-mail address at the moment)

On Tuesday, April 05, 2005, at 02:11PM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What is the postgis.jar doing? Does it still implement it's own version
>of the jdbc driver ?
>
>the newinstance thing doesn't matter it will still work that way.
>
>Try it without the postgis.jar, it may be loading its version of the driver.
>
>Dave
>
>Espen Isaksen wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have studied all the different questions where people have trouble
>> connecting to PostgreSQL through Java, but it doesn't help me
>> much. This is a program I first compiled on a Mac and I have no
>> problems at all there. Now I am on Fedora Linux.
>>
>> First my code:
>> Connection dbcon;
>> java.sql.Connection conn;
>> String url = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/espen";
>>
>> try {
>>        Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();
>>    }
>>    catch( ClassNotFoundException cnfex ) {
>>        System.out.println("Class not found!");
>>    } //end catch
>>      conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "user", "password);
>>    Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
>>    s = conn.createStatement();
>>

>> I compile by using this command:
>> javac @files -classpath postgis.jar:postgresql.jar (where files
>> include a list of all the .java files)
>>
>> No problems compiling.
>>
>> I try to run by:
>> java road_generalization -verbose -classpath postgis.jar:postgresql.jar
>>
>> Then I get the usual error message:
>>
>> Unable to connect
>> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
>>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
>>        at DataUthenter.connectPostgres(DataUthenter.java:67)
>>        at DataUthenter.<init>(DataUthenter.java:31)
>>        at road_generalization.<init>(road_generalization.java:99)
>>        at road_generalization.main(road_generalization.java:383)
>>
>> I have tried to change the code in a lot of different ways, but it
>> does not
>> seem to help much. Can anybody give me some insight in why this
>> doesn't work. Is my "run command" not correct?
>>
>> Espen Isaksen
>> http://www.espenisaksen.com

>> TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>>

>--
>Dave Cramer
>http://www.postgresintl.com
>519 939 0336
>ICQ#14675561

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Espen Isaksen
Visit my website:
http://www.espenisaksen.com

Сообщение: Re: Another java connect problem
Сообщение: Re: Another java connect problem