Problem with backups and functions.

От Bruno G. Albuquerque
Тема Problem with backups and functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or a hit a bug, so here it goes:

I am running PostgreSQL 8.0.1 under Windows 2000. We have this database
here which is really small and has a set of 5 functions. All the
functions are programmed using pgpsql so we used the functionality where
we can use named parameters in the functions.

The problem is that when we do a backup/restore procedure (using
pg_dump/pg_restore), the functions are restored without the named
parameters, which make then fail as inside the function the parameter
names are mentioned.

For example, the funtion that would originally be:

cubfn002_recuperar_nu_ordem(numero_pessoa int8)

Would be restored as:

cubfn002_recuperar_nu_ordem(int8)

Due to that the function errors out as "numero_pessoa" is used inside it
but is now an unknow identifier.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

-Bruno

Informação transmitida destina-se apenas à pessoa a quem foi endereçada e pode conter informação confidencial,
legalmenteprotegida e para conhecimento exclusivo do destinatário. Se o leitor desta advertência não for o seu
destinatário,fica ciente de que sua leitura, divulgação ou cópia é estritamente proibida. Caso a mensagem tenha sido
recebidapor engano, favor comunicar ao remetente e apagar o texto de qualquer computador.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidentialand/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
actionin reliance upon this information, by person or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receivedthis in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.