Problem with backups and functions.

От Bruno G. Albuquerque
Тема Problem with backups and functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or a hit a bug, so here it goes:

I am running PostgreSQL 8.0.1 under Windows 2000. We have this database
here which is really small and has a set of 5 functions. All the
functions are programmed using pgpsql so we used the functionality where
we can use named parameters in the functions.

The problem is that when we do a backup/restore procedure (using
pg_dump/pg_restore), the functions are restored without the named
parameters, which make then fail as inside the function the parameter
names are mentioned.

For example, the funtion that would originally be:

cubfn002_recuperar_nu_ordem(numero_pessoa int8)

Would be restored as:

cubfn002_recuperar_nu_ordem(int8)

Due to that the function errors out as "numero_pessoa" is used inside it
but is now an unknow identifier.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

-Bruno