Re: Performance Question

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Performance Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Werner vd Merwe wrote:

>Output of VACUUM ANALYSE VERBOSE pg_listener:
>
>Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.06 sec)
>INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_listener"
>INFO:  "pg_listener": found 0 removable, 0 nonremovable row versions in 0
>pages
>INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_listener"
>INFO:  "pg_listener": 0 pages, 0 rows sampled, 0 estimated total rows

No problems there.

>At any given time we have between 10 and 20 IDLE connections.

How long have the transactions been IDLE for?  Do the IDLE transactions
have any locks on anything (check pg_locks)?

I suspect that (gently) killing the IDLE transactions  that are sitting
around doing nothing will prevent you from having to restart the postmaster.

--
Brad Nicholson

От: Michiel Lange
Сообщение: How to format a date with a serial number for DEFAULT?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Performance problem...