Re: Questions about 2 databases.

От Mirko Zeibig
Тема Re: Questions about 2 databases.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
jelle wrote:
> The insert heavy sessions average 175 page hits generating XML, 1000
> insert/updates which comprise 90% of the insert/update load, of which
> 200 inserts need to be transferred to the master db. The other
> sessions are read/cache bound. I hoping to get a speed-up from moving
>  the temporary stuff off the master db and using 1 transaction
> instead of 175 to the disk based master db.

Just a thought:
Wouldn't it be sufficient to have the "temporary", fast session-table
in a RAM-disk? I suspect you could do this rather easily using a TABLESPACE.
All the indices could be in this TABLESPACE as well (at least after
having a quick look at the short help for CREATE TABLE and assuming you are
using PostgreSQL >= 8.0).

Regards
Mirko