Re: Too many clients----A big problem for my team

От Daniel Rubio
Тема Re: Too many clients----A big problem for my team
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I had the same problem a few weeks ago.

Was happening that our developers using Tomcat, were using connection
pools, and stoping and restarting their aplications which causes to
leave these connection opened and opening some new.

Look in the servlet engine (or what they use) for the number of
connections they made (in Tomcat it's a parameter), say them not to
leave the connections opened, and not to stop and restart the java
application when they make changes, they must restart the "engine" (it
closes all the opened connections).

It worked for me ...

ganapatiram wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
>            I work with postgresql 8.0 version. I have a team of 14
> developers. When all the team connects the DB i see this error very very
> frequently which is a severe problem for me and team all the day. The
> error is:
>

> *Please report this exception: java.sql.SQLException: FATAL:  sorry, too
> many clients already*
>
> **
>
> *when i do trial and error changes i see this error differently but the
> essense of the error remains same. *
>
> **
>
> *        *I have max_connections=200 and i have 5 users for my DB. I
> dont understand what to do in order to resolve this. Please suggest me
> something by which i can overcome this problem. I referred few threads
> but none of them are of my case.
>

> Waiting for your valuable suggestion..........
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Ram

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio a oasi.org