Re: Connection pool problem

От Stéphane RIFF
Тема Re: Connection pool problem
Дата
Re: Connection pool problem  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
You're right i forgot to call close() function in the catch block
Thanks

But know i sometimes get null connections from the datasource with
exception like this :
2005-03-01 12:23:44,156 : [WARN] ConnectionPool -
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection attempt failed because
Exception: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
Stack Trace:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
    at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.<init>(PGStream.java:47)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.openConnection(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:197)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:139)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverManagerConnectionFactory.java:48)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:290)
    at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:95)
    at
fr.cerene.geosiara.gprs.receiver.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:97)
    at
fr.cerene.geosiara.gprs.receiver.SQLoader.saveTrame(SQLoader.java:122)
    at fr.cerene.geosiara.gprs.receiver.SQLoader$1.run(SQLoader.java:219)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
End of Stack Trace

2005-03-01 12:23:44,156 : [WARN] SQLoader - java.lang.NullPointerException

I saw on the web that this can happened when the max number of connection
is reach but in my case postgresql is configure with 100 connections, in
the process list i had  ~50 connections.

Don't know what i can do...