Re: Possible to run the server with ANSI/ISO string escapeing

От Ken Johanson
Тема Re: Possible to run the server with ANSI/ISO string escapeing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote: <blockquote cite="mid200502250053.j1P0rDm09001@candle.pha.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Ken

Does anyone know if it will be possible to run the server with ANSI/ISO
string escaping instead of C-style escapes? The C style escaping is a
Not yet, but we have a TODO item:
* Allow backslash handling in quoted strings to be disabled for  portability  The use of C-style backslashes (.e.g. \n,
\r)in quoted strings is not  SQL-spec compliant, so allow such handling to be disabled.

Uh, what is ANSI/ISO escaping actually?  I assume you mean only
supporting '' for literal quotes rather than \' too.
 </pre></blockquote> Yes Sir. Being able to disable the backslash-escaping is the desired operation. In circles of
businessdeciding wether to move to opensource databases this is the silently used excuse (by the critics) to dismiss pg
sinceits arguably so fundamental and somewhat dangerous (data loss). Getting pg to behave 'normally' would silence this