Re: Possible to run the server with ANSI/ISO string escapeing

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Possible to run the server with ANSI/ISO string escapeing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ken Johanson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know if it will be possible to run the server with ANSI/ISO
> string escaping instead of C-style escapes? The C style escaping is a
> shoot-down for our adoption of postgres, since its non-standard.

Not yet, but we have a TODO item:

    * Allow backslash handling in quoted strings to be disabled for
      portability

      The use of C-style backslashes (.e.g. \n, \r) in quoted strings is not
      SQL-spec compliant, so allow such handling to be disabled.

Uh, what is ANSI/ISO escaping actually?  I assume you mean only
supporting '' for literal quotes rather than \' too.