Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Theodore Petrosky wrote:
> I assumed that it would work. Did I miss something in
> the docs that say you can not do this? Does "ALTER
> TABLE" not work with 'public.' before the table name?
>
> on 7.4.6
>
> aswebtest=# ALTER TABLE public.test ADD CONSTRAINT
> public.test_PK PRIMARY KEY (test);
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "." at character 46

Are you sure it's not the constraint that is causing the problem (he
says, counting 46 characters in). I think a table constraint is by
definition in the same schema as its table.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement
Сообщение: Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement