Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement

От Ragnar Hafstað
Тема Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:06 -0800, Theodore Petrosky wrote:
> I have to first admit that I am very green at this. I
> thought that one could refer to a table in a fully
> qualified path... public.testtable
> ALTER TABLE public.test ADD CONSTRAINT public.test_PK
> PRIMARY KEY (test);
> aswebtest=# ALTER TABLE public.test ADD CONSTRAINT
> public.test_PK PRIMARY KEY (test);
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "." at character 46

it not the first public that is the problem, but the
second one, as you might discover if you count 46
characters.

you cannot put the constraint in a different schema than
the table, it seems.

gnari

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement
Сообщение: Re: schemas and paths with the alter statement