Re: Performance check using COPY commands

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Performance check using COPY commands
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nageshwar Rao wrote:
> I am trying to load some 5000 records now. It is still running for past 15
> minutes, but when I check the table still I do not see records .And there is
> no status as how many records are inserted. Just left it like that.

Without knowing more about the table, your configuration settings and
your hardware it's difficult to say much. Certainly this is a very long
time for 5000 rows - I would expect to spend seconds rather than minutes.

You mentioned a constraint check for one of the other columns. Is it a
foreign-key check and do you have indexes on both ends of the check?

 > Also
> there are couple of issues. I have timestamp columns. In the excel sheet
> there blanks .I have put null, but it is saying mismatch data type.Any idea
> how to insert null with copy command for timestamp and date.

Well, according to the manuals:
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.2/static/sql-copy.html

There is an option "null string"

   The string that represents a NULL value. The default is "\N"
   (backslash-N). You might prefer an empty string, for example.

   Note: On a copy in, any data item that matches this string will be
   stored as a NULL value, so you should make sure that you use the same
   string as you used on copy out.

So - you should put "\N" in your file where you want NULL or specify
some other suitable marker.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Performance check using COPY commands
Сообщение: Re: Performance check using COPY commands