Re: Performance check using COPY commands

От Nageshwar Rao
Тема Re: Performance check using COPY commands
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I am trying to load some 5000 records now. It is still running for past 15 minutes, but when I check the table still I do not see records .And there is no status as how many records are inserted. Just left it like that .Also there are couple of issues. I have timestamp columns. In the excel sheet there blanks .I have put null, but it is saying mismatch data type.Any idea how to insert null with copy command for timestamp and date.

-----Original Message-----
From: sid tow [mailto:siddy_tow@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:35 AM
To: psql mailing list
Subject: [GENERAL] Performance check using COPY commands

Hi All,

     I have a problem in updating a table using copy commands. To brief you about the table, the table has 6 columns in which it has one column for a sequence number which increments by one on each entry. There is a constraint check for one of the columns. I am copying data in all the 6 columns (including the sequence number of my own) in the table, since the version of postgres i am using is 7.2 i cant copy only those columns i want to instead I should copy all the columns present in the table. Now the problem is that the copy is taking a lot of time to bulk copy the data, and I have no idea why is that so. Is it because of the sequence number or some thing else. Since copying data into other table which has relatively more columns is taking much much lesser time may be in the ratio 1:15 times i guess. Can some body suggest me what is happening there?

Regards

Sid

Do you Yahoo!?