Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function
Дата
Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function
Список pgsql-performance
amrit@health2.moph.go.th wrote:
>>I would suspect a DBI/DBD installation issue, either perl DBI cannot
>>find DBD-Pg (not installed ?) or DBD-Pg cannot find your Pg 7.4.5.
>>
>>I note that FC3 comes with Pg 7.4.6 - did you installed 7.4.5 from
>>source? If so this could be why the perl database modules cannot find it
>>(you may need to rebuild DBD-Pg, telling it where your Pg install is).
>
> I installed FC3 from rpm kernel 2.6.9 which already included postgresql 7.4.5 .
> Suppose that there were some missing component , what should be the missing rpm
> component which I forgot to install ?

Ok - I must be looking at the *updated* FC3 distribution...

I may have 'jumped the gun' a little - the situation I describe above
will prevent *any* access at all to Pg from webmin. If this is the case
then check you have (perl) DBI and (perl) DBD-Pg components installed.

If on the other hand you can do *some* Pg admin from webmin, and you are
only having problems with the grants then there is something it does not
like about the *particular* statement. The way to debug this is to do a
tiny perl DBI program that tries to execute the statement :

select relname, relacl from pg_class where (relkind = 'r' OR relkind =
'S') and relname !~ '^pg_' order by relname

So - sorry to confuse, but let us know which situation you have there :-)

best wishes

Mark