Re: I'm newbie

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: I'm newbie
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Dear Richard:
> 1.Thank you for reply
> 2.Dear Richard,I must write a Makefile for my client packge.But i don't
> know on pgsql's library & path of its include-files.

Depends on how you installed PostgreSQL. If it's via RPM then you can
see what files are installed with "rpm -ql"
  rpm -ql postgresql
  rpm -ql postgresql-libs
If you installed via source, the files you want are probably somewhere
like /usr/local/pgsql/...

> Please guide me on writting a Makefile for a client packege with pgsql.

Well, if you want a guide to developing software, you might start with:
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-Building-HOWTO.html

Some questions for you:
1. Do you know how to write a Makefile for your C++ application without
PostgreSQL?
2. Are you linking to other databases at the moment?
3. Do you know how/where you installed PostgreSQL?
4. Have you read the documentation on libpq in the manuals?
5. Did you download/read and documentation from the libpqxx/pp links I
provided yesterday?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd