Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Дата
Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-12-04 Mo 03:05, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 12:17:04PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 2023-09-26 Tu 01:25, NINGWEI CHEN wrote:
>>> hamerkop is not yet prepared for Meson builds, but we plan to work on this support soon.
>>> If we go with Meson builds exclusively right now, we will have to temporarily remove the master/HEAD for a while.
>> I don't think we should switch to that until you're ready.
> Agreed that it would just be breaking a build for the sake of breaking
> it.  Saying that, the last exchange that we had about hamerkop
> switching to meson was two months ago.  Are there any plans to do the
> switch?

I just had a look at shifting bowerbird to use meson, and it got stymied
at the c99 test, which apparently doesn't compile with anything less
than VS2019.

I can upgrade bowerbird, but that will take rather longer. It looks like
hamerkop is in th4e same boat.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: meson: Stop using deprecated way getting path of files
Сообщение: Re: meson: Stop using deprecated way getting path of files