Re: Benchmark

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Benchmark
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> Great Bridge did essentially that years ago, but I think we only got
> away with it because we didn't say which DBs "Commercial Database A"
> and "Commercial Database B" actually were.  Even off the record, we
> were only allowed to tell people that the commercial DBs were Oracle
> and SQL Server ... but not which was which.

IMHO clues like:

  "What versions of the databases did you use?
  - PostgreSQL - 7.0 release version
  - Proprietary 1 - 8.1.5
  - Proprietary 2 - 7.0
  - MySQL - 3.22.32
  - Interbase - 6.0
  "
and
  "PostgreSQL" and "Proprietary 1" was running "red hat linux 6.1" and
  "Proprietary 2" was running Windows NT server 4 - service pack 4"
in articles like this one: http://www.xperts.com/news/press1.htm

helped some people narrow it down a bit.  :)