Re: How to deny remote backups ?

От juanmime@ono.com
Тема Re: How to deny remote backups ?
Дата
Re: How to deny remote backups ?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-admin

>> Only by not letting the user SELECT the data. If they can see it, they
can
>> copy it. If the users really only need INSERT and DELETE access, you can
do
>> this.

OK. but I think that an aproximation to the solution or a half solution could
be deny the user consulting the system database catalog or (pg_tables). In
that case,  the user is not able to know the name of the tables inside the
db, and therefore he does not know which are the tables to dump. I think
also, that pg_dump could fail at this scenario.

1. What do you think about this ?
2. Is it possible (deny the access to the system catalog or tables (like
pg_tables) to a certain user ?

Thank you very much.